- Use this feature to track your marketing campaigns and leads from flyers, newspaper ads etc.
- This feature is also helpful to distinguish your visits to your site from other traffic.
- When you give your website URL out for people to put on their
website (either for back linking or with a company like realtor.com),
you can include a unique tracker id so that the traffic manager can
identify the exact source these leads are coming from.
To track a visit, use your domain name followed by /rctrackertext.
“trackertext” is the text you choose to track the visits.
- Your tracker text must be preceded by /rc. (/rc activates this feature and if not used will create a no page found error)
- Example: www.yourdomain.com/rcnewspaper (“yourdomain.com” is your domain name.)
- The example will report the source on the traffic report as newspaper indicating the visit was from a lead from the newspaper.
Another example: www.yourdomain.com/rcme
- This example will report the source on the traffic report as me indicating the visit was from “me” (or you).
- This can be used to report your visits to the site which is helpful if you want an idea of how many visits have been made to the site that are not you.