To access the File Manager:
- Click on the house at the bottom of your homepage and log into the Admin Menu.
- Choose “File Manager” from the Admin Menu.
Uploading a new file
- Click the “Add New File” button.
- Click Browse to locate the file on your computer. Select a file on your computer and click Upload or Open.
- You may also enter an optional Description or password.
- Select a folder or enter a new folder name. Your file will be stored in the chosen folder.
- Click Save Changes to upload your file.
Note: Depending on the file size and your internet connection speed this may take several minutes.
Once your file has been uploaded you will be returned to the File Manager main page.
Edit an existing file
From the File Manager main page select the Edit / Info button for the file you would like to modify.
Current File details – Displays the current details about the file.
- Note: “Link” is the link to the file in your file manager. This link can be used to link to the file from your website or anywhere on the internet.
- See – Linking to Uploaded File Manager Files for more information on how to link to files from your website.
Modify File – Edit file details.
- Description – Enter a new description for the file.
- Change Folder – Move this file to a new folder or create a new folder.
Upload New File – Select another file from your computer to replace the existing file.
- Note this will replace the file without breaking any links on your site.
- Password – Enter a password if you want to password protect the file or delete any password / text to remove a password.
- Click Save Changes to update your file details.